About NAMI Hernando
Welcome to the website of NAMI Hernando! This is where you will find information about who we are, what we do and the various programs we offer to help raise the quality of life for those living with mental illness (Consumers) and those who love and support them. All of our programs are free and open to all who are interested. The best way to check us out and see if we can be of assistance to you is to click on any of the links to the left.
WHAT IS NAMI?
Improving Lives – NAMI is the National Alliance on Mental Illness, the nations’ largest grassroots organization dedicated to improving the lives of individuals and families affected by mental illness. The national and local organizations are made up of families, professionals in Mental Health and persons with a diagnosis. NAMI has national/state organizations and local affiliates in more than 1,100 communities across the country that focuses on three cornerstones of activity that offer hope, reform and health; Support, education & advocacy.
Education: The Face and Voice of Mental Illness
- NAMI’s programs have graduated more than 200,000 individuals through their many classes providing critical education and knowledge.
- NAMI Web Site, receives more than 7 million visitors each year.
- NAMI offers information and support to individuals with mental illnesses and their families, including education programs to help them manage an illness and move toward recovery.
Advocacy: A Respected Force
- NAMI advocates and provides a voice for millions of Americans affected by mental illness while promoting state and federal public and private sector policies that ensure research, an end to discrimination and a promotion of effective mental health services and support.
- NAMI has Action Centers on children and adolescents, law and criminal justice and multicultural issues. These action centers advocate for unique populations and develop and disseminate information to meet specific needs.
Experience the Revolution, Join NAMI today! Be a Voice for your friends, family members, neighbors, and co-workers that suffer from one of the many brain dysfunctions of mental illness. Your financial support of NAMI will strengthen an organization that advocates for those that cannot speak for themselves. National awareness of mental health issues encourages parents, families and individuals to recognize signs of issues that benefit from early intervention, diagnosis and management options. Your contribution to this organization has a wide reaching effect on the entire Hernando County community!